February 10th, 2012 1:33 PM by Karyn Smith
Join more than 2,500 animal lovers and their dogs for our 18th Annual Paws in the Park! This leisurely walk raises money to find permanent homes for thousands of homeless animals and support the many SPCA of Central Florida’s family programs.
Plan to meet at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando at 9 am on Saturday, February 11th, to register at one convenient registration location for packs and individuals. You’ll have time, both before and after the walk, to meet other animal lovers and their pets as you visit pet-oriented business exhibits.
After the walk, enjoy more FUN with our pet contests, including: Doggie Limbo, Longest Sit Competition, Dog with the Most Tricks and a Scavenger Hunt for your Pooch! Entrants must be registered for “Paws in the Park” to participate in the contests. In keeping with our mission, only spayed/neutered pets will be
eligible for contests and prizes.
The SPCA of Central Florida is a private, non-profit organization. We do not receive any funding from the federal, state or county governments or any national animal organizations. We do not receive funding from the United Way. In addition, all funds raised go to support the animals, the shelter and its programs.
Every year, YOU make a very positive difference in the lives of thousands of abandoned pets and tens of thousands of families in Central Florida.
New for 2012! One location for individual and pack registration: Off of Rosalind Avenue in front of the Amphitheater Lawn. Registration will start at 9 am.
• All pets must be at least 6 months old and have proof of required vaccinations.
• Dogs only please.
• No female dogs in heat.
• In keeping with our mission, only spayed/neutered dogs will be eligible for contests, prizes and micro-chipping.
• Pets must be in shape for the walk and wear a suitable collar.
• Keep your dogs on a 6-ft. leash or shorter and under your control at all times (no retractable leashes, please).
• Water for dogs will be supplied “community style.”
• Please be considerate and pick up after your dog.
• For the enjoyment and safety of all participants, we reserve the right to require any aggressive animal to leave the park.
• Please obey all rules of beautiful Lake Eola. No swimming in the lake and no chasing the ducks or swans. Liability for any damage caused by a pet or person will be the responsibility of the individual/pet owner. Liability may include replacement costs as well as city fines.
• Walkers under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.